A quality winch can make a huge difference when you're stuck while riding off-road, be that for work or leisure. When it comes to providing top-notch winches, Superwinch is pretty hard to beat.
This manufacturer needs no introduction. They have gained immense popularity through innovation and amazing quality control.
We consider this a great company because they offer innovative products like the Winch Go 2, budget beasts from the Terra lineup, and powerful units like the LP10000.
No matter what your budget is, you'll find a Superwinch unit that'll meet your requirements.
Hopefully, the Superwinch reviews shared in this article will make the process easier for you.
Table of Contents
- 10 Best Superwinches - Overviews of Our Top Picks
- 10 Best Superwinch Reviews
- 1. Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500 Review - Best Overall
- 2. Superwinch LP8500 Review - Best for Jeep or Car
- 3. Superwinch LP10000 Review - Best for Heavy Load
- 4. Superwinch LT3000 Review - Best for ATV
- 5. Superwinch LT4000ATV Winch Review - Suitable for Larger ATV
- 6. Superwinch 1140232 Winch Review - Best Portable
- 7. Superwinch Terra 25 Review - Suitable for Tiny Vehicle
- 8. Superwinch Terra 35 Review - Best For UTV
- 9. Superwinch Terra 45 Review - for Car, ATV, & UTV
- 10. Superwinch 1331200 UT3000 Review - for Car, ATV, & UTV
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
10 Best Superwinches - Overviews of Our Top Picks
1. Superwinch 1595200 Tiger Shark Winch - Best Overall
"It's the best rated Superwinch product. The features are balanced in a way that they complement each other and provide the best performance possible."
2. Superwinch LP8500 Gen II Winch - Best for Jeep or Car
"This affordable winch provides much more than what it costs you. This can be turned into one of the best winches through cheap and easy modifications."
3. Superwinch LP10000 Winch - Best for Heavy Load
"Expect the highest power from this winch. If you're handling some heavy workload, then this is the one you should go for."
4. Superwinch 1130220 LT3000 Winch - Best for ATV
"With a horsepower of only 1.2 HP, this winch can provide a pulling capacity of 3,000 pounds. This is one of the most efficient units out there and best option for ATV.
5. Superwinch LT4000ATV Winch - Recommended for Larger ATV
"Available in both steel wire and synthetic rope versions, the LT4000 ATV provides a combination of great design and stellar performance."
6. Superwinch 1140232 Winch - Best Portable
"This is the most innovative winch in the market. If you need a modern, portable, and customizable, then this is the one for you."
7. Superwinch Terra 25 Winch - Suitable for Tiny Vehicle
"Terra 25 is the smallest unit from the Terra series, but its efficiency makes it one of the best performers on the market."
8. Superwinch Terra 35 Winch - Best for UTV
"A decent upgrade over the Terra 25, the 35 model provides both raw power and compact design, making it a balanced choice from the lineup."
9. Superwinch Terra 45 Winch - for ATV, UTV, & Car
"Boasting a 191:1 wide gear ratio, the Terra 45 can be bought in either steel wire rope or synthetic rope versions."
10. Superwinch 1331200 UT3000 Winch - Budget Pick
"Although a bit tough to put together, the UT3000 is one of the most affordable and effective units from Superwinch that you can get your hands on."
10 Best Superwinch Reviews
Now that you've seen our top picks take a look at the following super winch reviews to gain a deeper insight into the pros and cons of each product.
1. Superwinch Tiger Shark 9500 Review - Best Overall
This is considered the most balanced winch by most off-roaders due to the design. You'll get this in two variations of rope, which will allow you to choose between steel and synthetic rope. Other than that, both variants share the same properties.
These are equipped with 5.2 HP motors that are weather-sealed for making them long-lasting. The solenoid is weather sealed as well, so they'll be safe from dust, rain, and even snow.
- The brake is located in the motor, keeping the rope safe from heat
- Increased tube thickness makes the drum extra protected
- Provides a rock sleeve for active protection against rocks and tree roots
- Serves well as an entry-level Superwinch
- Lack of wireless controllers
Bottom Line: It is one of the best Superwinch for you to get started with. So, we highly recommend this to everyone who's getting a Superwinch for the first time.
2. Superwinch LP8500 Review - Best for Jeep or Car
We guarantee that you'll fall in love with this winch the moment you find it's cheaper than tons of non-branded winches that offer less load capacity than this.
The winch is pretty heavy by itself, so you may have some difficulty installing this. Depending on your vehicle, you may have to buy a mounting plate as well, which will cost you some extra.
Other than these, it has a sealed solenoid as well as a 4.5 HP efficient motor. The line speed isn't faster than the competitor's, but you'll find it satisfactory.
- The sealed solenoid will stay safe from rain, snow, and dust
- Great modding potential
- The planetary gearbox is quiet and efficient
- You'll find the line speed satisfactory
- You may find the control too short, which is only 15ft
Bottom Line: This isn't a perfect winch out of the box, but it's easy and cheap to modify, and once modded, it turns into one of the best winches that you can get for your jeep or car.
3. Superwinch LP10000 Review - Best for Heavy Load
Its 10,000-lb pull rating can help you get even the heaviest works done. This is equipped with a 5.1 HP, 12 VDC motor that can drive this efficiently and quietly. The steel wire rope is 85' in length, which should suffice most user's needs.
Furthermore, the weather-sealed solenoid and motor should last for years even if they're exposed to extreme weather conditions.
- 5.1 HP motor to drive the winch effectively
- The solenoid, wiring circuit, and motor are weather sealed
- One of the most affordable heavy-duty winches on the market
- It can be significantly improved through cheap and simple mods
- The unit itself is very heavy, and installing this can be a drag
Bottom Line: The LP10000 from Superwinch is one of the most powerful winches the industry has to offer right now. If you want a winch for your truck or likes, then this is what you should go for.
4. Superwinch LT3000 Review - Best for ATV
Users consider the Superwinch LT series to be one of the best series of ATV winches offered by the industry.
This product from the LT series offers a pull of 3,000 pounds, and it should be an excellent choice for those who're looking for an affordable device with a reliable performance rating.
Due to the 100% holding capacity, there's absolutely no risk of slippage while pulling weight.
- The clevis pinned latch provides heavy-duty performance
- Ergonomic control scheme
- The solenoid comes with an integrated circuit breaker
- Zero risk of slippage due to 100% holding capacity
- A bit slower than most other winches on the market
Bottom Line: Coming with a mounting plate, a reliable motor, and 100% holding capacity, the LT3000 stands as one of the most affordable and dependable ATV winches that the market is offering now.
5. Superwinch LT4000ATV Winch Review - Suitable for Larger ATV
Coming with a 4-way roller fairlead, the LT4000 from Superwinch is available in both steel wire and synthetic rope versions.
It's equipped with a permanent magnet motor that can provide 1.4 HP. The solenoid is sealed to protect itself from the weather and dust, and it also has an integrated circuit breaker.
It's got an amazing design as well. The 15' ranged handheld remote will let you operate it from a distance, but it would've been better if the remote had a longer cable.
- Mechanical and dynamic breaks can eliminate slippage
- Available in both steel and synthetic rope version
- The solenoid is sealed and comes with an integrated circuit breaker
- It offers a universal fit that makes it great for mounting
- The wiring is confusing and can complicate things for beginners
Bottom Line: This isn't the most powerful winch on the market, but it holds a special place for being able to provide a lot of raw power in such a compact build.
6. Superwinch 1140232 Winch Review - Best Portable
The Winch 2 Go is perhaps the most innovative winches that you can buy right now. Superwinch put all the necessary features into a box and morphed it into a form that's easy to carry, install, and use.
This winch is not only portable, but it's very easy to install too. You can set it up in under a minute once you get used to it.
- Powerful 4,000 lbs. traction that can help even a trapped small SUV out
- Proprietary reinforcement unit increases pulling power to 8,000 lbs.
- Offered in both steel wire and synthetic rope version
- Rapid cooling prevents overheating while using it
- The latches are made of plastic, which could've been improved
Bottom Line: Now, if you're okay with the plastic latches, which isn't a huge factor, plus, the innovative design and the amazing performance overshadows that flaw ultimately, making it a solid deal.
7. Superwinch Terra 25 Review - Suitable for Tiny Vehicle
Despite being the smallest and the most affordable unit in the Terra lineup, the Terra 25 is considered a standout performer in UTV winching. It's also one of the few truly sealed winch units.
The unique 140:1 ratio of its planetary gearing, coupled with the 1.3 HP permanent magnet motor, can provide up to 2,500 lbs. line pull. Despite the low horsepower, it's very effective due to the high-efficiency design.
- Highly efficient design lets it do more tasks with less energy
- The all-steel planetary gears are considered to be highly reliable
- Affordable, budget pick suitable for light tasks
- Thicker drum tubes can protect the rope from abrasion
- It doesn't come with a dashboard rocker switch
Bottom Line: This reliable winch can be an excellent choice for those who handle light tasks and need an efficient unit.
8. Superwinch Terra 35 Review - Best For UTV
You can consider the Terra 35 as an older brother of the 25 models. This one offers a slightly higher pull capacity of 3,500 lbs., 20-lbs of installed weight, and 19fpm speed, which makes it fast enough for regular users.
This one comes with a sealed 1.6 HP motor and a 50 feet long steel rope. You'll find the spooling mechanism easy to use, and the planetary gears are equipped with oil pocket bronze bearings.
- Offers a smooth operation with the 4-way roller fairlead mechanism
- The 20 lbs unit is light enough to be carried easily
- The integrated circuit breaker will prevent the motor from overloading
- Dynamic braking system makes it easier to handle spooling mechanism
- The 10m control isn't wireless and very short
Bottom Line: The Terra 35 from Superwinch is a mid-tier winch that's efficient and effective for light and moderate tasks. It features a decent build quality, and you'll find the features convenient.
9. Superwinch Terra 45 Review - for Car, ATV, & UTV
With a gear ratio of 191:1, the Terra 45 offers the most comprehensive ratio in this category. This is considered one of the strongest ATV/ UTV winches in the market. It's equipped with an IP67 certified motor cover.
It also offers the highest pulling power in the Terra series, which stands at 4,500 lbs. on paper. You'll be able to pull most terrain vehicles with this. You can even drag a boat with this.
You'll get another Terra version that comes with a steel cable instead of synthetic rope.
- High-quality and powerful motor with excellent sealing
- Most of the parts are rust-free, so they'll last considerably long
- Ergonomic and user-friendly design
- It doesn't overheat during usage, thanks to its fast cooling ability
- The wiring is a bit complicated and can take some time to set this up
Bottom Line: This is one of the top choices for getting your stuck UTV or ATV out of the mud. It features a price that's reasonable as the other products from this series.
10. Superwinch 1331200 UT3000 Review - for Car, ATV, & UTV
Last but not least, we have the Superwinch UT3000. This small yet effective unit is capable of providing up to 3,000 pounds of pulling capacity.
Coupled with the cable tensioner integrated into the unit, it can keep the cable wrapped tight, eliminating any risk of slippage.
It comes with a mounting plate that will let you install it on any truck easily. It's a universal fit, but you can mod the mounting plate easily by welding it if it doesn't fit your vehicle.
- Integrated cable tensioner makes it safe to use
- Compact form factor, so it can be carried easily
- Powerful enough to winch a car on a trailer
- The solenoid is protected with a circuit breaker and weather sealing
- The installation process is laborious and time-consuming
Bottom Line: The only problem with this unit is the installation process. If you can take up the challenge of putting this together, then we guarantee that you'll have a great time using it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which Type of Cable is best for You?
Ans: There are two types of cables, synthetic rope and steel wire rope. Steel wire ropes are considered classic, and they're being used for a long time. They offer excellent stability and heat resistance.
On the other hand, synthetic ropes are lighter and more flexible, and these don't overheat like steel wires. So, it boils down to your preferences and requirements.
Q. When Should I Install Winch on Truck?
Ans: If you drive off-road often, you should consider installing a winch on your truck, as it will help you get out of sticky situations easily.
Q. How Do I Handle the Tires While I Winch?
Ans: While you're using tires to pull something else and want the truck to stand still, you can put blocks underneath the tires.
Q. When Should You Use Winch?
Ans: You can use a winch to pull anything. You can rescue vehicles trapped in muddy or rocky terrain, or you can pull an entire boat.
Now that you're done going through the Superwinch reviews, hopefully, you'll be able to pick the best unit for yourself more easily.
We highly recommend going through the pros and cons of each of them so you can find the one that suits your needs without compromising any requirement.